Following is a list of the Governing Council members who are responsible for the governance of Sedona Charter School, and the various committees and chairs who provide a service to the school through their generous gift of time, effort, and community spirit.
- President, Steven Paley (Parent Representative)
- Secretary, Brenda Man-Fletcher (Parent Representative)
- Yamile Daher (Community Representative)
- John Griffin (Community Representative)
- Meg Haesloop (Parent Representative)
- Susan Ashley (Upper Elementary Principal Educator)
- Katarina Houser (Lower Elementary Principal Educator)
- Lauren Rondeau (Middle School Principal Educator)
- Alice Madar (Director of Finance and Administration)
- Gail Olson (Sedona Montessori School Administrator)
- 2018-2019 School Budget Summary
- 2017-2018 School Budget Hearing Notice
- 2017-2018 School Budget Summary
- 2016-2017 Annual Financial Report
SCS Standing Committees:
- Distribute and collect “Teacher Goals For the Year” sheets
- Create evaluation calendar
- Coordinate volunteers, consultants and faculty to execute evaluations
- Ensure evaluations are conducted in accordance with job descriptions and policies
- Compile data (including parent survey results) and present to appropriate parties/discuss
- Monitor the school’s progression and compliance with its plans, goals and policies
- When the committee finds the school out of compliance, notify the G.C. and help develop a plan to bring the school into compliance
- Provide regular communication between school and community through press releases, newspaper articles, photo submissions, etc.
- Produce and distribute monthly all-school newsletter
- Help other committees produce flyers or mailings
- Seek out and solicit help from community resources (including individuals and organizations) that can contribute funds or can benefit the classrooms as field trip sites, mentors, guest speakers, etc.
- Research student community service opportunities and organize projects
- Develop public relations and goodwill throughout the Verde Valley
- Update volunteer list
- Coordinate volunteers for committees and events
- Track and record volunteer hours
- Provide a committee member for each classroom to serve as “Teacher’s Helper” to organize classroom volunteers, implement a phone tree, and organize class events and activities
- Organize parent-to-parent social events to deepen parent interactions in support of the school, also to develop a sense of school community and to encourage parents face-to-face to serve on committees and get involved
- Set up highly qualified guest speakers to address Montessori and other educational ideas.
- Organize Volunteer Appreciation Week and Teacher Appreciation Week
- Review budget and work with the G.C. to identify needs and set goals for short-term and long-term fund-raising.
- Develop and implement the Annual Giving program and major donor program.
- Organize a subcommittee to write new grants or liaison with a professional grant writer, and follow the process through to fruition.
AD HOC COMMITTEES:
- Charter Compliance
- Curriculum Review
- Strategic Planning (Develop short-term and long-term plans for growth and viability to be presented to the board and displayed in the board room)
Office Help and Grounds Keeping Volunteer Contact: Alice Madar (Director of Finance and Administration)