We are thrilled to announce that this fall, two Sedona organizations awarded technology grants to Sedona Charter School: The Sedona Community Foundation awarded us $7500 to purchase tablet computers and accessories to help Sedona Charter School become tech-ready for the state-mandated PARCC testing next school year. The Sedona 30 awarded us $4000 to buy computers, […]
Following is a list of the Governing Council members who are responsible for the governance of Sedona Charter School, and the various committees and chairs who provide a service to the school through their generous gift of time, effort, and community spirit.
Acting President, Maureen Nealon (Community Representative)
Secretary, Jane Cathcart (Community Representative)
Treasurer, Stephanie Willow (Parent Representative)
Alice Madar (Director of Finance and Administration)
Gail Olson (Sedona Montessori School Administrator)
Bob Wentsch (Lower Elementary Principal Educator)
Bill Baker (Upper Elementary Principal Educator)
Jennifer Jordan (Middle School Principal Educator)
SCS Standing Committees:
- Distribute and collect “Teacher Goals For the Year” sheets
- Create evaluation calendar
- Coordinate volunteers, consultants and faculty to execute evaluations
- Ensure evaluations are conducted in accordance with job descriptions and policies
- Compile data (including parent survey results) and present to appropriate parties/discuss
- Monitor the school’s progression and compliance with its plans, goals and policies
- When the committee finds the school out of compliance, notify the G.C. and help develop a plan to bring the school into compliance
- Provide regular communication between school and community through press releases, newspaper articles, photo submissions, etc.
- Produce and distribute monthly all-school newsletter
- Help other committees produce flyers or mailings
- Seek out and solicit help from community resources (including individuals and organizations) that can contribute funds or can benefit the classrooms as field trip sites, mentors, guest speakers, etc.
- Research student community service opportunities and organize projects
- Develop public relations and goodwill throughout the Verde Valley
- Update volunteer list
- Coordinate volunteers for committees and events
- Track and record volunteer hours
- Provide a committee member for each classroom to serve as “Teacher’s Helper” to organize classroom volunteers, implement a phone tree, and organize class events and activities
- Organize parent-to-parent social events to deepen parent interactions in support of the school, also to develop a sense of school community and to encourage parents face-to-face to serve on committees and get involved
- Set up highly qualified guest speakers to address Montessori and other educational ideas.
- Organize Volunteer Appreciation Week and Teacher Appreciation Week
- Review budget and work with the G.C. to identify needs and set goals for short-term and long-term fund-raising.
- Develop and implement the Annual Giving program and major donor program.
- Organize a subcommittee to write new grants or liaison with a professional grant writer, and follow the process through to fruition.
AD HOC COMMITTEES:
- Charter Compliance
- Curriculum Review
- Strategic Planning (Develop short-term and long-term plans for growth and viability to be presented to the board and displayed in the board room)
Office Help and Grounds Keeping Volunteer Contact: Alice Madar (Director of Finance and Administration)
Our first-ever motorcycle ride fundraiser is almost here! We still need some more volunteers to come forward to help on the day of the event. We are also still seeking donations for the auctions. Help make this fundraiser a huge success! Call the office at 928 204-6464 to help or if you have any questions.
Sedona Charter School is pleased to announce we have earned an “A” rating by the state of Arizona! This is the highest rating possible from the Arizona Department of Education.