Our Montessori school challenges each child to achieve excellence through an individualized program. We inspire a passion for learning, instill a sense of personal responsibility, and cultivate a respect for the environment and involvement in the community.
Through the alumni of Sedona Charter School, we aspire to create a world in which:
- People use empathy, respect, and a commitment to excellence as they work together to overcome challenges, achieve social justice, and ensure a sustainable future.
- Each person finds and fulfills his or her intrinsic purpose.
- People recognize the value in every human being including themselves, and every culture including their own.
Vision for the Child
We envision the children of Sedona Charter School developing these qualities:
|Awe of the world
Appreciation for the arts
Sense of humor
|Pursuit of quality work
Joy of accomplishment
Involvement in the local and global community
Stewardship of the earth
Vision for the Teacher
Our Vision for our Teachers is to:
Model and facilitate our vision for the child.
Vision for the Parent
In order to facilitate our Vision for the Child and support our Montessori program, we expect our students’ parents to be:
- Respectful and supportive of teachers and students and our school mission, vision, and policies.
- Committed to Montessori living.
- Willing to contribute to their child’s school to the best of their abilities.
Our Vision for School Leadership is to be:
Able and willing to take the lead
|Our school leaders also:
Model our school’s world vision
Model traits expected of students